Paediatrics is one of the key areas in Nursing in which nurses are directly involved in the care and management of the illnesses.Most of the paediatric clinics are run by nurses and hence the importance of being updated on latest practises,treatment regimens and management.
The resources below will be helpful in that journey:
- Basic Paediatric protocols by the World Health Organisation:This is a very convenient pocket book that can be used by doctors,clinical officers,nurses and any other professional that is responsible for the care of sick newborns and young children.
- Pocket book of hospital care for children: Second edition.
- International paediatric Association:This is the only global body representing the professional societies in paediatrics,with a sole purpose to advocate for children to get the very best curative and preventative treatment.
- Newborn and infant Resources
- Updates on HIV and Infant Feeding,published by the World Health Organisation(WHO) reproductive health library.
- Uganda National Association of Paediatric Child Health Nurses (UNAPCHN):This is a consortium that brings together all practicing profession pediatric nurses in Uganda.
- Kenya Paediatric Association
- Uganda Paediatric Association
- Paediatric Association of Tanzania