There are a myriad of reproductive health issues affecting both men and women in the 21st Century.Some of the most common issues include:
- Infertility/Fertility issues
- Sexually Transmitted Infections(STIs)
- Gynaecology and Cancers
- Preconception,Pregnancy,childbirth and postpartum care
- Sexual Health,Human rights and gender equity
- Podcasts and videos on reproduct
All the above issues have been well highlighted and clearly explained on the WHO reproductive Health Library(Kindly click to access all these resources).You will also be able to get Podcasts,guidelines,recommendations and videos on reproductive health on the site as well.
There are a few sites/publications/articles on the state of reproductive health globally:
- Reproductive health report by KNCHR Kenya:
- United Nations Population Fund(UNFPA):
- Maternal/fetal health during pregnancy
- Labour and Delivery Care
- Postnatal Care
- menoposal care
- Hypertension in Pregnancy
- The Division of Reproductive Health(DRH) of the Kenyan Ministry of Health (MOH):This department plans, implements and monitors programmes to promote the reproductive health of the Kenyan people.
Journals on midwifery are numerous and the list below contains a summary of the best journals globally:
- International Journal of Chilldbirth(IJC): This journal is for all individuals including students,policy makers,doulas,researchers,educators etc who have an interest in Midwifery.
- African Journal of Nursing and Midwifery: This is a scholarly, peer-reviewed journal that seeks the submission of unpublished articles on current nursing and health-related issues.
- BioMedCental (BMC) Journal of reproductive health:
- British Journal Of Midwifery(BJM):The journal is essential reading for all midwives who are serious about developing their career and providing the best possible support for the women and newborns in their care.